The Union Radiophonique et Télévisuelle Internationale (URTI) has launched its 33rd annual competition for the International Radio Grand Prix. This year’s theme: “the question of gender in tomorrow’s world”. The application deadline is September 1st 2021.
Participation in the URTI Grand Prix is open to all international public and private radio organizations as well as associations and institutions working in broadcasting. The producers or directors of radio programmes will have to submit their programmes for prior selection by a jury of authorized organizations.
The conditions for participating are:
- Programme length must be 52 minutes maximum
- Two programmes maximum for each radio station
- The programmes must have been made after September 1st, 2019
The award is to encourage radio productions by:
- “promoting international radio production, encouraging its virtues of a direct relationship between people, nations and cultures;
- reaffirming that radio is proving to be the medium best able to meet communication requirements in cultural and educational fields;
- rewarding those programmes which most successfully combine quality of production, originality of approach, universality of language and by the individuality of their radio treatment;
- promoting the expression of humanist values of tolerance and respect between people, peace, friendship and understanding between peoples;
- ensuring a wider international distribution of all the programmes selected as finalists and in particular the winning programmes.”
For more information about broadcasting news in France, click here.
Source : urti.org