MEDIMED, the annual get-together for Euro-Mediterranean documentary co-productions, will be held in Sitges, a town in the south-west of Barcelona, from October 4th to 8th 2021. Now in its 22nd year, MEDIMED wants to encourage dialogue between television professionals and independent producers while promoting new projects and recent productions.
MEDIMED is organized by the Association de producteurs indépendants de la Méditerranée. Founded in 1999, APIMED brings together more than 400 film and television producers from 16 countries across the Euro-Mediterranean area. Almost 85% of the projects presented at the forum in recent years have been produced and distributed.
The European and Mediterranean programmes and projects sent in are assessed by an international jury. Those selected will then be presented to international commissioning editors and television executives in three formats: SPEEDY PITCH, PITCHING FORUM and ANTI PITCH – designed for projects at the rough-cut stage.
Projects are chosen for their content, whether funding is in place and what stage of development they are at. The organisers are looking for new stories which will show different perspectives, people, facts and ideas to international audiences. 30 projects will be selected to participate in the forum.
Conditions for eligibility:
- The productions must be recent (2020-2021) and originate from a European or Mediterranean country
- They must be television documentaries
- The subjects can be varied: arts and culture, news, history, human interest, human rights, society & geopolitics
- Documentary projects selected for the PITCHING FORUM must already have 25% of their budget and / or have obtained the agreement of a broadcaster / co-producer
- Films at an advanced stage of editing can compete in the ANTI PITCH section,
- For the SPEEDY PITCH, projects in recent development are accepted.
The deadline for registration is July 31st 2021. Find more information about the 22nd MEDIMED by clicking here.
For more information about broadcasting news in Spain, click here.