The 2nd Mediterranean Co-production Forum will take place from October 30th to November 1st in the 6th arrondissement of Marseille. The event is organized by Méditalents, an association helping film-makers from all Mediterranean countries to write or develop their projects. Through this Forum the association hopes to build a co-production and cultural network.
The Forum is a meeting place for co-producers, distributors and international investment funds. During this special weekend, film-makers will be able to present their projects to key industry players, with sessions for directors and producers to show their films to obtain finance. There will also be a chance to have one-on-one meetings.
Two awards will be given at this event: 20,000 euros funded by the Région Sud and the Institut Français, while the Prix du Lab 42Studio pays for a day’s post-production.
Ten projects have been selected for this 2nd Mediterranean Co-production Forum:
– Droit au but (Straight to the Goal) by Tamer Ashry (Egypt)
– Carnaval by Mohamed Siam (Egypt)
– Sirocco by Yassine Marco Maroccu (Morocco, Hungary, Serbia)
– Tide by Hussen Ibraheem (Lebanon, France)
– Le Coureur de Naplouse by Haïcha Ladrouz (France, Palestine, Switzerland)
– La Nuit du verre d’eau by Carlos Chahine and Chantal Fischer (France, Lebanon)
– Bye bye tiberias by Lina Soualem and Jean-Marie Nizan (France, Palestine, Algeria)
– Khamsa by Khaled Chiheb and Khaled Boumriche (Algeria)
– Le Grand Cimetière de l’exil by Rezika Mokrani and Sarah Mokrano (Algeria)
– Dimanche midi by Marielle Sellitti and Alessandro Verdecchi (Italy)
Other articles about France