1,800 members of the public came to Mucem on Sunday November 25th for the opening session of PriMed – the screening of 6 short films competing for the Mediterranean Short Film Award, which was to be decided by those present.
The 6 films in competition:
– CARMEN by Natalia PRESTON
– DR FATMA by Narcisse YOUMBI
– DYING FOR EUROPE by Nikos PILOS
– HOMMAGE A KOBANE by Soran QURBANI
– LE TRESOR by Marisa LAFUENTE ESTESO and Néstor DEL CASTILLO
– WITH OPEN WINGS by Vivian PAPAGEORGIOU
After the screenings the audience cast their votes, thus choosing the winner of the Mediterranean Short Film Award. The name of the award-winning director was revealed a few days later at the award ceremony at the Prado Cinema. Nikos Pilos won the award for Dying for Europe. Using fragments of personal stories, the Greek director shows us the greatest influx of migrants since the Second World War.